Elevating Preservica’s mission to protect the world’s cultural, economic, social and political memory
Promoting recognised leaders with over a decade of experience
Named a Gartner “Cool Vendor” in 2015, Oxfordshire-based Preservica had become a recognised leader in the emerging digital preservation market, used by many leading business, government and cultural organisations around the world. The company knew however that there was still a vast untapped opportunity to change the way organisations future proof critical long-term information, and in 2015 appointed CommsCo to amplify its messaging in the UK, the US and beyond, using an integrated PR, communications and social strategy.
Proactive PR for active digital preservation
Securing high quality media placements, demonstrably maximising the lead generation potential of major customer signings, and tapping into a vibrant community on Twitter and LinkedIn; all of this creating valuable profile opportunity, backed up by rapid turnaround blog, email and press release content creation.
During the first 3 years of our partnership, we’ve seen a range of fantastic results for Preservica. Highlights include:
• Wellcome Trust and Preservica feature in Evening Standard: Historic DNA image by ‘forgotten’ pioneer Rosalind Frankline goes on public view
• Transport for London’s new preservation programme and Preservica partnership covered by Computer Weekly: TfL shifts corporate archive to AWS public cloud in digital preservation push
• Texas State Library and Archives featured in a front-page story, “A Texas-sized cloud storage challenge”, in Government Computer News, an important publication for government prospects and customers. Preservica has since gone from working with three State Archives, to managing 18. Other influential US customers such as the Associated Press and the Yale University Library were featured in multiple publications with focus on how they leveraged Preservica to safeguard their digital assets.
• Across the US, tier one thought leadership articles included “Preserving the Future” in Information Management and “Address Information Governance Now” in Today’s General Counsel, with regular UK titles including ComputerWeekly, Information Age, and The Evening Standard.
• In a 6-month period from March 2017 CommsCo increased Preservica’s Twitter following by 100%, from 500-1000, developing strong engagement with the online digital preservation community.
• Supporting Preservica with press announcements to launch in Canada and Australia.
“Working with CommsCo has been great. They’ve secured us some excellent coverage, but more importantly, working with one agency that can deliver PR across multiple regions, in particular the US, is a highly effective way for us to work as we scale our business globally.”
Michael Hope, Marketing Director, Preservica