Content marketing is now an integral part of B2B PR strategy. So it’s surprising to see companies creating content for content’s sake; going through the motions and failing to reap the potential benefits in terms of lead generation. The right content in the right place does wonders for an organisation’s profile, and with that in mind, here are three ways you can harness the power of content to drive leads:
- Strengthen your message
Before you create any content, you need to know your audience, and more importantly what message you want to send. What are the services that you offer? What is your USP? What differentiates you from your competitors?
Once you’ve sat down and thought about these questions, pull out keywords and phrases that will help boost your content. These keywords should reflect your areas of expertise, so that when prospects use search engines, you’re at the top of the results. A powerful SEO-focused message will directly equate to leads.
- Get on the radar
Content tends to play different roles in the sales process depending on its nature. Once you’ve set out your objectives, you need to think about what type of content you’re going to produce and why.
- Named customer case studies are really the holy grail of B2B content marketing, as they provide concrete evidence of other companies’ success and ROI thanks to your business. Similarly, whitepapers can provide in-depth explanations of your services, showcase recent research results, and position you as an industry thought-leader.
- Blog posts are great for driving engagement and pointing prospects towards your website – as long as they’re SEO savvy, of course.
- Once you’ve got prospects to your site, you want to demonstrate what you offer – video content is a great way to do this. Create an explainer video to articulate your company’s vision and what it can do to enhance a customer’s business.
- Amplify your brand
So you’ve set out your campaign strategy, chosen your keywords, and decided your method of communication – now it’s time to scale. With new visitors accessing your site, why not attract a whole lot more? Here’s how:
- Reach out to the press – aim to get content placed in trade, business or national media.
- Promote your content across your branded social media channels.
- Extend your content’s reach with paid-for advertising (if you’ve got the budget, that is!)
If you’d like to learn how to use content to boost your B2B leads, get in touch with us today!